Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Job Opportunity Bryant University, Library Assistant, Research and Instruction Services (Full-Time, RI)
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
The Digital Services and Research Librarian
will facilitate and perform a leading role in the library’s
digital scholarship and digitization initiatives. Working
collaboratively across campus, the incumbent will develop, implement,
and support library services that focus on current and emerging
research, teaching, and innovation at Bryant University. The librarian
will assist in implementing strategies for publishing and integrating
digital scholarship into the library and Bryant community. The
incumbent will collaborate with library staff and university partners to
identify and curate digital collections using the
University archives. Additionally, the librarian will work with and
provide support to the research desk through hours on desk delivering
outstanding guidance to library resources for the Bryant community.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits. Schedule is Tuesday through Saturday year-round.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Enhance the creation and dissemination of research and scholarship at Bryant University by monitoring emerging trends and supporting the creation and discovery of open access scholarship and new forms of scholarly digital media and publishing;
2. Collaborate on implementation of digital initiatives for the library by advising and providing training on digital scholarship tools and techniques to Bryant University community members to help them disseminate their research and provide access to their scholarship;
3. Build on existing modes of access for local and external audiences to Bryant’s archives, research and scholarship;
4. Curate, promote, solicit, and add materials from students and faculty to the institutional repository;
5. Collaborate with other library staff to develop standards, policies and procedures, and apply metadata schema for digital curation and preservation tasks;
6. Provide timely and effective use of library resources and offer reference support to meet patron needs through in-person and electronic communication (i.e. email, text, instant message).
7. Perform other duties as directed.
This position is best filled by an energetic, innovative, flexible and highly motivated individual with an ALA accredited
Library Science degree and a background in and knowledge of digital
scholarship services in libraries, including institutional repository
experience. Knowledge of reference services and a strong interest in
teaching and commitment to student learning is essential.
Demonstrated experience working with digital scholarship and digital
humanities tools and applications is preferred. The ability to work
independently and in a team environment with faculty, students,
administrators and library personnel at all levels is
critical. Excellent oral and written communication skills, familiarity
with library trends and standards, experience with current electronic
resources, and comfort with emerging technologies are imperative.
Outstanding work ethic, strong commitment to high
touch, client-centered services and adaptability/flexibility required.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
2021 Annual Fall Mini-Conference
Empowering Rhode Island Communities
Through History and Service
(Online & Free)
Thurs. November 4, 2021. 2-4 PM
- This online event is free & open to all.
- This event is organized by CORI, a section of RILA.
- Please click "Register" button on the left to register.
- The Zoom link will be sent to registrants one day prior to the event.
Here's the link to register and for more information:
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Law Librarian I
Locations: Three Primary Locations (three positions available): Bridgeport, CT, New Haven, CT and Stamford, CT (May be required to work in other locations up to two days a week.)
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking qualified individuals to perform professional to advanced library duties, which include providing legal reference and research guidance, instruction in database searching, and catalog and collection maintenance.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of professional principles and practices of library science including: Classification systems; reference sources and techniques; acquisitions; cataloging and filing; bibliographic sources of information and library automation; knowledge of library administration principles and techniques; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; computer skills; ability to analyze and solve problems relating to library methods and procedures.
Experience and Training: A Master's degree in Library Science or Information Science from a graduate school accredited by the American Library Association.
Starting Salary $66,502, plus benefits.
See job posting and the link to full Law Librarian I job description:
Applications must be received by September 7, 2021. Applications should be submitted through the on-line application site at: www.jud.ct.gov/hronline/. Paper applications will not be accepted. Please select the location(s) you wish to work.
Please reference posting number 21-1000-147 and indicate location(s) of interest.